Miss Magic's Forum- The Story Site for New Writers to Strut Their Stuff!
March 28, 2024, 02:57:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our newest member, ydanniegrathi! May they enjoy their time on Miss Magics!                                                                                                                                                     Look out for New Stories by:     terrimcintyre      Enjoy your time on Miss Magic's!                                                                                                                                                    ~new members wanted!~

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

FINALLY! R-D.R.O.I.Ds

+-+-
+- User Stats:
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
+- Recent Posts ezBlock
DIY bride by MittRichards22
December 23, 2018, 12:41:38 am

Re: Hi by piersdad
April 28, 2018, 02:40:54 pm

Re: Where did that come from???!!! by piersdad
November 30, 2016, 04:04:06 pm

+- Members Online
1 Guest, 0 Users
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FINALLY! R-D.R.O.I.Ds  (Read 94 times)
mollytime
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2010, 09:06:00 pm »

Ok, so I said I had a new story ages ago, called R-D.R.O.I.Ds or something like that.
I have to be honest here, peoples. I haven't been working on it as much as I should. So I figured if I put some of it up, then it would give me a shove into writing more on it. So here's Chapter One.It's quite long. But enjoy.
P.S, point out mistakes, grammar stuff or spelling. And lots of crotocism on how I could write it better too!!!!

Chapter One

“And here, ladies and gentlemen, is the latest upgrade of the 203 model; the R-D.R.O.I.Ds. Model 204.7,” the scientist said, indicating to two figures standing on a raised platform.
They were as still as mice and the way they looked made the people present uneasy. They looked like humans. Every inch of skin looked like it belonged to a person.
The male and female were frozen in a pose and the scientist smiled as a woman standing beside him wrote down a few notes on her clipboard.
“And what are included in the upgrades, Professor Harcroft?” one man asked. He held out a recording device and the cameraman beside him pointed the television camera at him.
“Ah, yes. There have been a few changes to the physical body as you can all see. They are real humans, of course. We have managed to create a system that grows bodies and with a simple injection, the body absorbs the power needed and then it is alive. In just a few minutes, I will show you with these models.
“So we have upgraded the appearance to look like normal humans, but they also have the same things as us. The women are able to bear children and they can think and talk as well as we do. The inside upgrades are of the powers. Last year we successfully managed to inject our first prototype with a special chemical which will allow the R-D.R.O.I.D to transfer a small amount of their power to a normal person.”
“So why is the new name R-D.R.O.I.D given? What does it stand for?” one woman asked, writing down words frantically on a pad of paper.
“Miss Hertford?” Professor Harcroft said with a smile, looking to his assistant.
“The R-D.R.O.I.D stands for Regenerative Direct Robotically Oral Independent Devices.”
“Why was that specific name chosen?”
“Because it regenerates directly, it is a part robot, is oral and an independent device so that it can work without being dependent on anything,” Miss Hertford said and the group of people murmured excitedly.
“And now, ladies and gentlemen of the press, the demonstration. Miss Hertford, if you please?”
The secretary nodded, put her clipboard down on a table and walked into the next room.
“While my secretary retrieves the necessary equipment, I would like to invite you to put forward any questions. You are also welcome to film the process and they will be available to answer a few questions within twenty minutes of the chemical being injected into them.”
“What is the chemical being injected into the models?”
“No, I’m sorry, that is confidential information, I’m afraid. If you really want to know, you should ask the government,” Professor Harcroft said with a smile and they nodded as Miss Hertford walked in with a small metal tray. On it were two already filled syringes and as Professor Harcroft held the tray, she took one, stepped onto the platform and touched the female’s arm.
She slowly slid the needle into the skin of the model’s shoulder and then she gently pushed the end.
Five or six minutes passed after the woman stepped back and then the female began to slowly twitch.
“And now the process begins as the chemical is slowly infecting her shoulder and then arm and then to her neck and finally to her brain. The twitches are her brain organizing things and getting control and then soon it will infect to her chest and the process will become quicker and more thoroughly as the blood takes around the body,” Professor Harcroft said as the twitching became more violent and then the model was still.
“The brain now has control.”
The pale face began to ever so slowly gain colour and the eyelids flickered.
The model had been put in a short skirt, heels, and a striped top. As the minutes passed, the top began to shift beneath the model’s breathing.
After a minute, the reporters gasped as the model lifted her head, opened her eyes and then rolled her head around her shoulders.
She stretched then smiled.
“This model has been named Natasha,” Professor Harcroft said and Miss Hertford stepped forward.
“Natasha, please inject the next model with the chemical,” she said and the model picked it up gently.
“Yes, Miss Hertford.”
She did so then stepped back and watched, her arms crossed as the male model was still.
“Being a male, and more active than a female at times, the chemical infects him a lot quicker than the female and so, as you can see, he begins to twitch now. Within four minutes, he will talking and doing things just as Natasha. In the meanwhile, feel free to talk to Natasha,” Professor said and the reporters swarmed forward.
“Natasha, do you know what you are?” one reporter asked.
“I am an electronically and chemically engineered half-human, commercially known as an R-D.R.O.I.D. I can regenerate and heal others as well as holding all of the qualities that a human has. Is that all right?” Natasha asked and Miss Hertford smiled.
“And do you realize that you are still a robot and not a human?”
“I am both. That is why I said half-human,” Natasha said before straightening up from bending down to the reporters and she gently pushed the male model as he stretched.
“May I introduce the second model of today; Mark,” she said and Miss Hertford smiled to Professor Harcroft. He grinned back, his grey beard curving with his face.
“And how do they know so much information on ‘arrival’ as you called it earlier today in the talk?” one reporter asked and Professor Harcroft nodded.
“Yes, that is an interesting question. I do not know myself. They come with their conscience. That is something we a retrying to discover. We believe that the information is stored in the brain during its creation. Somehow, they have access to that information and they do not know how they get that information either. Are there any more questions?”
“Are the Regenerative D.R.O.I.Ds going to be used for everyday life?”
“The government has requested that their ability is to be tested on so that they can decide on what to use them for. The purpose that they were created for were for the healing purposes of humans that have no cure for their diseases as well as injuries sustained during normal life. I will have Natasha here be an example as she is more wide awake than Mark is. Natasha?”
They watched as she took a pocketknife form Miss Hertford and flick the blade open.
She turned it to herself and shoved it into her stomach before twisting it. Her face showed pain and eventually she pulled the knife out, put it on a piece of tissue that Miss Hertford held out and they watched as blood dribbled down her top. She straightened and closed her eyes.
She seemed to glow a little and they watched as slowly, the wound began to heal.
“That there is Natasha regenerating the skin and organs pierced. Instead of healing, it is making a new wall, new skin, new everything. There will be no scar tissue on the wound,” Professor Harcroft said as the reporters clapped.
“And if you would like to see the regeneration again but on another person, feel free to use that pin over there to prick yourself,” Miss Hertford said and a few of the reporters smiled.
“First hand regeneration,” Professor Harcroft said and then he indicated to a table.
Two of the reporters hurried over to it and pricked themselves until their fingers bled.
“The R-D.R.O.I.Ds will also kill any bacteria to prevent the risk of infection. The chemical is harmless to humans and will not do any more damage than help,” he said as Mark and Natasha regenerated the skin on their fingertips.
“So when will they available to the public?”
“They will be available a month after the test done by the government are finished and they qualify. Are there any more questions? No? Then thank you very much for attending my small presentation and I look forward to your articles,” he said, shaking their hands before Natasha showed them out.
“How well did you think that went?” the professor asked his secretary as she picked up the empty syringes from the floor as well as the blood covered knife from a tale.
“I think that went well for a first presentation and revealing the new model.”
“Good. I hope that the government likes this droid. Last time I was about to put one out, they cancelled it.”
“Yes, I heard. They wanted soldiers for their front line not healing pieces of metal,” Miss Hertford sighed as she put the equipment down a hatch in the wall to the bins below.
“These ones are better than last time. They can heal humans as well! How can they not want them?”
“Yes, sir.”
“Those bastards tried to steal my information again last night. Ha. They want my help then stab me in the back by trying to get my research,” he said as he walked over to a computer in the corner and turned the screen on. He put in all four passwords then held out a hand to Miss Hertford. She handed over an old looking floppy disk and he slotted it into the machine.
“Technology is so good these days. Back in the old days, these used to be able to hold only 56 kilobytes. Ha. Now it can hold terra bytes. Hmph.”
Miss Hertford waited as he copied every single information he had onto the floppy disk then they sat down to wait for three hours as it loaded it all onto the disk.
“I’m very thankful for your help, Danielle. I would not have done as much as I have done today if not for your ideas,” he sighed as he rubbed his temples.
“It is an honour, sir.”
“At least I know that I don’t have a liar working for me,” he said, scoffing.
Miss Hertford nodded, noticing the red puckered scar just below neck where he had been attacked thirteen years ago by a worker. He had been paid to get information then kill the scientist. Only, the information was locked with dozens of passwords and the scientist had been attacked to prevent him from talking.
“It must be coming up almost eight years now, Danielle.”
“Mm, indeed, sir.”
They waited in silence for a few minutes then Miss Hertford stood.
“I had better go and check on those two models.”
“Mm, indeed. And get the security system ready to be turned on.”
“Yes, sir.”
She left him in the room, her heels clacking on the floor as she strode down a few corridors then turned into another room.
“Natasha, Mark.”
“Yes, Miss Hertford.”
“Congratulations. You are the first of the new models,” Miss Hertford said as they turned from their game of cards. Already their brain was downloading more and more information form the network database that Professor John Harcroft had created for them. Yes, in that database was no information on what they were.
“Thank you very much, Miss Hertford.”
“Not at all. The Professor sent me to check on you. He would very much like to know what you are doing. And to make sure that you will lock yourselves up for the night.”
“We’re just finishing this game of Hearts. No, you eon that one. So you get a point for the eight of hearts. Don’t try to cheat yourself out.”
“Be careful, Natasha. You won the trick with the Queen of Spades. That’s thirteen points in itself,” Danielle said, flicking the card over. Natasha paused then nodded.
“It’s ok. Were still downloading the instructions, rules, and point system,” Mark grinned and Danielle nodded.
“Exactly. Maybe that’s why you’re playing it wrong as well. There are meant to be four players and you pass your three cards to the left or right. It depends on what round you’re on.”
“Oh, yeah,” Natasha said and Mark smiled before putting a card down. Natasha swore as she won another point and Danielle laughed.
“All right. Both of you. I have to shut you down now. Come on.”
She led them to the other end of the room where a large metal door was. It was bullet proof, fire proof and freeze proof. She swiped her card through a slot and pressed her hand to the screen. The door slid open and she led them down the small corridor as the door closed behind the two new models.
Each side of the corridor was lined with metal thatched doors, each with a pin code and a card swipe on it with a padlock. Each had two or three models in it from each of the versions made.
Down at the far end of the corridor was an empty cubicle. Danielle unlocked it then let them walk in.
Once standing side by side at the back, Danielle took the two chains on the wall and slowly tied the two models up with it before joining the two together with a pair of locks, one combination and one with a key.
“I suppose we are so valuable that you want us safe?” Natasha asked as she watched Danielle lock them to the chain.
“Yes. People have tried to kill the Professor just to get information, let alone you. It’s for your protection and the protection of the Professor’s work that you will be locked up. It’s not very nice, but...”
“We understand. And now you are going to shut us down and take our memories, won’t you?” mark asked and Danielle nodded.
“For safe keeping as well. Don’t worry. We always put them back in before turning them on. You’ll be awake in the morning,” Danielle said before plugging a cord into the Natasha’s side. She held her top up so that Danielle could do so. The cord swung down to the bottom of the cell and went into the wall.
“All right then. Mark? You next.”
He nodded and lifted his shirt, letting her plug him into the wall with another cord.
“Good night,” Danielle said with a smile before flicking a switch on the wall. The two seemed to smile before a small whirring filled the room and their eyelids flickered shut.
Danielle stepped forward and gently pulled a floppy disk out of Natasha’s side, just below the plug. She put it in a slim case with the girl’s name on it, then Mark before leaving them in the small room, locking it up as she left.
She walked over to a stereo and turned it on. She opened the tray for the fourth disk and put one of the slim cases on the tray and without closing it, she pressed 142 into the stereo. It whirred, sucked the tray in, then after a minute of clunking, spat the tray back out, empty. She did the same to the other case, pressing 143 this time.
After the disks were gone, she locked the small room with the stereo and headed back down the corridor to the large metal sliding door. She swiped her card and let the small screen scan her hand print.
It opened and she locked the room down with a PIN before hurrying to the door to the corridor. She locked it tightly, then walked back to the room with the computer.
As she entered the room, she gasped. Professor Harcroft was lying on the ground in a pool of blood. The computer was spitting out sparks from where the screen had been smashed in.
Danielle hurried over to the Professor and rolled him over.
“Sir! Sir?”
“Danie...lle,” he moaned and his eyes fluttered open.
“What happened?”
“Those...militants...here.”
He pulled a small case out of his white lab coat, hands trembling and covered in blood from where he had been trying to staunch the blood flowing out of his stomach and Danielle took the case.
“All of the...information is on there. They didn’t....get it. Couldn’t.”
“I’ll take care of it. What should I do?”
“Hide. Take care of...disk.”
“I’ll find out who did this.”
He nodded, his head and hands trembling with shock.
“Was it a bullet?”
He nodded shakily and Danielle let a pained look escape onto her face.
“Sir...John...I’ll look after  it.”
“Put building...lockdown. Leave. Hide,” he whispered, gripping her hand before his head thudded back onto the floor.
Danielle choked back a sob before leaving him there and running with the case down the hallway to the records.
She opened a filing cabinet and reached into the back. She slid a key into the slot and turned it. The back clicked and fell away. She pulled a case out. It held passwords and even more secret information than his research in it and Danielle shoved the drawer of the filing cabinet back in before putting it on the desk. She pulled her bag up from the floor and opened the box. She shook all of the small floppy disk cases into her bag then with her hands fumbling, she slid the floppy disk that the professor had given her out of its case and lifted her shit. The two holes in her side were waiting for something to be inserted into them. In the thinner one, she slid the disk in and it clicked in.
“It’s safe now, Professor,” she breathed before throwing the empty case into her bag and picking it up.
As she left one section of the building, she put it in lockdown. At every section, she locked the last don until she was out of the building and then she put the whole outside on lockdown. She ran to her car and put the key into the lock as she heard the rustling of bushes. She looked up and paused befre a man stepped out and held up a gun.
“Where is Professor Harcroft’s information?” he demanded and ever so slowly and quietly, Danielle turned the key in the lock and gently pulled it out.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she said and the man scoffed.
“I think you do. You’re his secretary! The only person he lets into the damn building every day!”
Suddenly Danielle flicked out the small hand gun the professor had told her to buy and pointed it at the man, the barrel aimed at his chest.
“I said, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Now let me go.”
“I’m not that easy to get rid of, he growled and Danielle pulled the trigger. A bullet crashed into the concrete at his feet and he yelped, surprised as Danielle yanked the door open, shoved the key into the ignition and started the car.
The man leapt out of the way as she drove at him then turned towards the gate, accelerating out of the building’s confines.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

elmo loves wasabi, that's why elmo has no eyelids[quoted by elmo]

say ha:HA! Say it again: HA!
Put it together and what have you got?:HA HA!
And they said I couldn't make you laugh...
[Quoted on Live For Peace]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Miss Magic
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:41:55 pm »

ooh tell me more!

Humans are like Slinkys- not good for much, but amusing to push downstairs
mollytime
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:44:14 pm »

mm, might have to do a vote on that. And I would have to get a py rise, a new apartment, a car would be good as well...

Pfft! Dreams aren't free. Lol. Just joking.

elmo loves wasabi, that's why elmo has no eyelids[quoted by elmo]

say ha:HA! Say it again: HA!
Put it together and what have you got?:HA HA!
And they said I couldn't make you laugh...
[Quoted on Live For Peace]

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Search

Advanced Search
+-Shoutbox
February 26, 2017, 08:29:23 am piersdad says: found i have still admin on this page  sadly storydad has dissappeared  thank goodness some of my stories are still about
December 02, 2012, 11:20:41 am piersdad says: we have a lot of people  just posting  some thing  never related to writing  and then advertizing their site on their profile  if this gets out of hand we could go viral and get 40 a day of this sort of person spamming the site
May 17, 2012, 09:05:50 pm terrimcintyre says: How is your book doing, Jennifer? Did you see my review on Amazon?
May 31, 2011, 12:52:28 am Miss Magic says: thanks piersdad
May 30, 2011, 09:41:00 pm piersdad says: Oledakit is the cupprit and ip banned as well as the name
May 30, 2011, 09:39:24 pm piersdad says: removed heaps of spam this morning
January 25, 2011, 11:18:53 pm mollytime says: awwww.
so how many have we got now?
January 05, 2011, 04:24:06 pm Miss Magic says: Loss of members: I entered everyone's names into a listed spammer database due to suspicious joining. Sadly, those that I found with 3 or more hits on that site have been banned and removed from MM's Forum
December 13, 2010, 02:52:43 pm mollytime says: WHERE DID ALL THE SHOUTS GO??
I win.
December 13, 2010, 05:26:40 am Miss Magic says: wow!
I have a few more chapters of The New Beginning to put up in a few days Smiley I'm amazed at all the new members!
View Shout History