Miss Magic's Forum- The Story Site for New Writers to Strut Their Stuff!
March 28, 2024, 11:32:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our newest member, ydanniegrathi! May they enjoy their time on Miss Magics!                                                                                                                                                     Look out for New Stories by:     terrimcintyre      Enjoy your time on Miss Magic's!                                                                                                                                                    ~new members wanted!~

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The New Beginning Second Update (Major)

+-+-
+- User Stats:
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
+- Recent Posts ezBlock
DIY bride by MittRichards22
December 23, 2018, 12:41:38 am

Re: Hi by piersdad
April 28, 2018, 02:40:54 pm

Re: Where did that come from???!!! by piersdad
November 30, 2016, 04:04:06 pm

+- Members Online
1 Guest, 0 Users
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Beginning Second Update (Major)  (Read 380 times)
Miss Magic
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:27:30 pm »

I should really organise these some more.... But this comes immediately after what I've previously posted, you can read it http://missmagicsforum.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,164.0.html <-- there

Snake

He was definitely not in his ‘happy place.’ That much was clear to a wary Snake as she eyed her master where he stood at the end of the bed. Not a word had been uttered in the long seconds since the nurse had scuttled on her way, and the fearful apprehension in the room was deeper than the ridge between the thick eyebrows of Matrius.
  Snake felt horribly defenceless, chained to the bed, and all though she didn’t think he would go to hit her, in such an open, public place, there was no understanding a man like her Master. The tension in the room grew by the millisecond, and it was almost all that Snake could bear. Ironically, the birds outside sang louder than ever. The alien sound fell on their ears so unnaturally that Snake was momentarily distracted from her mental standoff to stop herself from laughing at the ill humour she found in the moment. On any other day, she would have been outside sparring with the older slaves, or pretending to help with some meaningless duty, given to encourage discipline and patience in the newer additions to her schizophrenic company.

It came as a shock when Matrius finally spoke. “You will be back tomorrow.” The heart monitor gave a warning beep as Snake jumped. For all appearances, Matrius hadn’t noticed, “Dolphin has taken over your workload while you have been unavailable. You will be expected to recover those duties, and hers, for the same span of time as you have been lazing around here. You will also take an additional duty time as the handlers see appropriate, and while you are doing so you will consider your foolishness in the course of activity that has landed you here. The expenses that were needed to recover you from said condition will be taken out of whatever savings or wages you have earned, and if you do not have enough to do so you will be expected to work for them. All privileges and loose activities have been suspended until you have fully paid off your debt,” He paused, “Is this clear, Snake?”
  She nodded mutely, schooling her expression into something more appropriately guilty.  Matrius paused, and then added in a harsher voice, “Your actions have been incredibly irresponsible of late. I have turned a blind eye to your antics in the past, and seemingly this has given you delusions of grandeur that you do not have. Do not forget, girl, that you are my slave. You are nothing in the eyes of society. Nobody cares what happens to you. If you disappear, no one will notice. I allow you to get away with your tricks, but if this gets out of hand, it will stop. You will pay the price.”
  A meaty hand dropped down to the bedrail. “As slaves go, you are one of the worst. You are headstrong, stubborn and deceiving. Your spirit refuses to be broken, after all these years,” It wasn’t a compliment. His eyes glittered, “You truly are the snake I named you for. Be aware that I am watching you. Any large scale damage to the handlers, any whisper of an uprising, and I will make you wish you had never been born into this miserable life. Make sure you keep whichever helpers you recruit in line. Do not even think of damaging those that could be sold or yourself for that matter.”  He eyed Snake in a way that made her cringe back in disgust.
   “Yes, sir,” she forced out eventually. Matrius nodded once and left the room.

The door clicked as it locked, a faraway sound that echoed through Snake’s head, and the very air seemed to shudder. Outside, the birdcalls turned into shrieks, ripping through her ears. Snake snapped her head back, pushing against the bed. A pathetic keen slipped between her teeth. Silently she begged for someone to hear, to come and find her. The pain was incredible. Pressure rose behind her eyes.
  All at once, everything snapped. Her room jerked sideways. For a split second gravity seemed to disappear and Snake was thrown forwards, then backwards as the cuffs stopped any further motion. She lay back against the bed, gasping for air as the cotton around her dampened instantly in contact with her body.
  The door clicked open once more, enough for several nurses to find their way into the room. Their soft voices floated around Snake, who closed her eyes and sank effortlessly into the beckoning darkness.

Ravenna

They had come in through the back.
After the Morrigan hadn’t come home, the girls had quietly packed what little they owned, hidden the packs in separate areas and taken up a watch on the house. Ravenna to the front, Sirene and Pierre on the East and West windows, and Ebony had taken the frightened Nightingale through the escape tunnel, where she would be safe. Nightingale had never been able to fight.
 Ravenna didn’t know what happened to her youngest sister. Ebony had returned unawares, into the fast and fierce scuffle that took place in the entrance hall of what was now nothing more than a burnt out shell of their beautiful house. When the soldiers had stripped it of everything valuable, they had set it on fire and let it burn. Ravenna hadn’t even noticed it was burning until the ash began to drift onto Ebony’s still face. The girl hadn’t even had a chance to draw her knife. She had been cut down as soon as she entered the room, by some teenage elf looking for his first blood. Then the boy had pulled his army commissioned dagger from her side and run off with a whoop to search the house. If Ravenna had stopped fighting she could have gone to help, but the bloodlust had risen. The Morrigan’s daughter was born to fight; it had taken the whole squad to restrain her in the end. By that point Ebony was unconscious and as white as the marble she lay on. Marble that was slowly turning a deep red.
  The last Ravenna had seen her was in the cell they had shared before the Council ordered them separated.  The rudimentary care Ebony had been given wasn’t enough, and as Ravenna had feared, no more had been offered. She would have been dead before the dawn had struck.

The rat stumbled to a halt. Before it roared hungry red flames, large enough to caress the ceiling. The miniature creatures that worked on the bodies couldn’t even go near the fires, instead they relied on a massive conveyor to drag the desecrated carcases into the flames.
  Over to the side was where the real action was. There were swarms of slaves, mutely salvaging valuables from their charges, with others coming in and out of the darkness bringing in more of the dead.
  Behind that was a portion of the floor slightly cleaner than the rest. Here lay the pitiful shapes of workers, that had been crushed or burnt in their tasks, or those that had lain down to die, too exhausted to work any more. They were spread out with loving care, and respectfully skirted by their peers.
   But Ravenna didn’t care about that. What she did care about was on the table behind 2 strong looking lumps of flesh that pass as guards. It was a shrunken form, the size of a child. Black hair clung to its shoulders, kept there by the thick mat of blood. But it was a figure that Ravenna recognised as her sister.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Humans are like Slinkys- not good for much, but amusing to push downstairs

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tykor

I need some coffee... and toast as well

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:58:02 am »

Ah, now things are being shun under a brighter light about Ravenna. Was she fighting the whole time when the house was being burned? She seemed to be taking care of Ebony, who had fallen, during the fight, since she had just then noticed that the house was burning... just a bit uncertain there, that's all.
And I know that Matrius is a slave-master and all, but is he convinced that Snake had tried to burn the slave-pen down? Since she was found outside her cage, and maybe they thought she was trying to escape with the others, since they wouldn't have suspected Wolf. Which makes sense to what Wolf was saying before about her staying inside her cage, as he must have some deep respect for her and didn't want her getting in trouble for that little stunt of his.
And about Ravenna... I thought her sister had died? From the massive blood loss... or can she perhaps do some magic to resurrect or possess her dead body?
Very curious and interesting story. I look forward for future updates  Cheesy

The simplest explanation is that someone, somewhere, was being an absolute moron and would probably think that taking a sledgehammer to kill that one pesky mosquito would be an absolutely cracking idea.
Miss Magic
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:52:14 am »

lol, to answer your questions quickly, she doesn't even remember if she was fighting after that or not, everything's muddled in her head
Snake has a bad habit of starting trouble with the other slaves, like pitching those 2 girls against one another. She hates being a slave and enjoys disrupting everyone's lives >Smiley Neither Wolfie or Snake were responsible for the burning light/threads/clouds/whatever it is (they don't know yet) but Wolf apparently knew about it beforehand, and warned Snake for some weird reason (Shocked) She was out trying to save her beloved horses when she got struck by lighting, but you find out about that later. :p
And yus, poor lil Ebony died Cry Ravenna was looking for the confirmation of her death, and she found it down in the crematorium Sad I can't tell you what happens next!

Tykor

I need some coffee... and toast as well

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 08:49:32 am »

Ah well then, I'm really looking forward to your next story!  Grin
Oh, and by a weird coincidence, the creature that Tykor is often represented by, and often transforms into when the story allows it, is a wolf/werewolf. It made me secretly laugh inside about how unusual it was, especially since Tykor comes from a background of, wait for it.... being mistreated as a slave and being quite the hard case even when in chains.
Thought that would interest you  Wink

The simplest explanation is that someone, somewhere, was being an absolute moron and would probably think that taking a sledgehammer to kill that one pesky mosquito would be an absolutely cracking idea.
Miss Magic
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 12:59:11 pm »

xD it'll be up soon Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Search

Advanced Search
+-Shoutbox
February 26, 2017, 08:29:23 am piersdad says: found i have still admin on this page  sadly storydad has dissappeared  thank goodness some of my stories are still about
December 02, 2012, 11:20:41 am piersdad says: we have a lot of people  just posting  some thing  never related to writing  and then advertizing their site on their profile  if this gets out of hand we could go viral and get 40 a day of this sort of person spamming the site
May 17, 2012, 09:05:50 pm terrimcintyre says: How is your book doing, Jennifer? Did you see my review on Amazon?
May 31, 2011, 12:52:28 am Miss Magic says: thanks piersdad
May 30, 2011, 09:41:00 pm piersdad says: Oledakit is the cupprit and ip banned as well as the name
May 30, 2011, 09:39:24 pm piersdad says: removed heaps of spam this morning
January 25, 2011, 11:18:53 pm mollytime says: awwww.
so how many have we got now?
January 05, 2011, 04:24:06 pm Miss Magic says: Loss of members: I entered everyone's names into a listed spammer database due to suspicious joining. Sadly, those that I found with 3 or more hits on that site have been banned and removed from MM's Forum
December 13, 2010, 02:52:43 pm mollytime says: WHERE DID ALL THE SHOUTS GO??
I win.
December 13, 2010, 05:26:40 am Miss Magic says: wow!
I have a few more chapters of The New Beginning to put up in a few days Smiley I'm amazed at all the new members!
View Shout History