Miss Magic's Forum- The Story Site for New Writers to Strut Their Stuff!
April 16, 2024, 04:22:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our newest member, ydanniegrathi! May they enjoy their time on Miss Magics!                                                                                                                                                     Look out for New Stories by:     terrimcintyre      Enjoy your time on Miss Magic's!                                                                                                                                                    ~new members wanted!~

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The magics war

+-+-
+- User Stats:
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
+- Recent Posts ezBlock
DIY bride by MittRichards22
December 23, 2018, 12:41:38 am

Re: Hi by piersdad
April 28, 2018, 02:40:54 pm

Re: Where did that come from???!!! by piersdad
November 30, 2016, 04:04:06 pm

+- Members Online
1 Guest, 0 Users
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The magics war  (Read 222 times)
mollytime
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:08:18 pm »

The wind howled outside the little girl’s window as she shivered under the covers.
The door banged in the wind and she whimpered.
A woman suddenly stood in the doorway of the bedroom, a dark shadow covering her face. Suddenly the candles in the room lit up, showing the woman’s face.
She had a stern look on her face, with a small nose and severe mouth. Her dark green eyes sparkled underneath thick black eye lashes.
“Get up,” she ordered the girl.
She crawled off the bed, wondering who this strange lady was and what she was doing.
“Get dressed,” the woman said, before walking out the little bedroom and into the kitchen.
The six year old girl pulled on a pinafore and apron, then her stockings and boots over her nightgown, before pulling a small shawl around her shoulders and walking into the kitchen.
“What’s your name, girl?” the woman asked as she put bread, fruit and other things in a sack from the cupboards.
“Catherine,” the girl said softly.
“And you know where your parents are?”
“Dead,” the girl said as a tear slid down her face. She wiped it away quickly as the woman turned.
“You understand how?”
‘”No.”
“It was in the magics war. Thousands died and millions of orphans are left behind for me to pick up. Hurry up, now. I’ve three more to pick up,” the woman said as she ushered the girl out into the snowy lane.
The woman clutched the girl’s wrist, the other occupied with a sack, the woman muttered a word and suddenly they were standing in front of a castle, richly furnished, but with black smudges on the stone walls where fire had been thrown.
Catherine stared up at the turrets as the woman pulled her along and pushed on the door hidden by a trellis. She yanked the girl in, and then sat her down.
“Wait here, don’t move. There are dangerous things out there,” the woman said, before walking off. Catherine watched her walk away, before turning to the trellis. A vine was entangled in it’s wooden frame and beside her shoulder a small bud was half opened. The white flower seemed soft, but when the girl touched it, it crumbled in her fingers.
Catherine looked up as the woman walk over a tall boy trailing her while protesting.
‘I have no time to quarrel with silly nobles. We need to move on, quickly. I’ve two more places to visit,” the woman snapped at him, before picking Catherine up and dumping her in his arms.
“Hey, I’m not a servant, you know! I’m a noble, a duke’s son,” he protested, holding the girl away from his fine shirt.
“And I’m a magic, so shut up, and do as you’re told,” the woman said, before pulling him through the trellis door and out to the courtyard. She grabbed the boy’s hand and muttered another word.
“Whoa,” the boy said as they suddenly appeared in the middle of a forest. Catherine, suddenly frightened, clutched the strange boy and whimpered.
“Stop it,” he said in an ordering tone, before the woman took Catherine from the boy.
“She’s only six. Don’t be rude.”
“Well, I don’t care. I’m older than her.”
“By how many years?”
“Seven,” the boy admitted.
“Then you should know better that she’s scared,” the woman said, putting Catherine on her hip. She felt the girl nuzzled her face into her shoulder and sighed.
“I should never have taken up this job,” she muttered before walking through the tightly enclosed trees to a little cottage, where a large fire was burning at the door.
“Now you really need to hold her,” the woman said to the boy, before handing Catherine over and running to the house.
“What are you looking at?” the boy asked angrily as Catherine stared at him.
She whimpered and suddenly there was an explosion.
The boy glared at the small girl in his arms as she hid her face in his shirt, before looking up.
The woman ran to them, a child on her back, and dragging one behind as the houseexploded again, and fresh wisps of fire reached towards the pine trees.
“Get moving, boy! And you’re stuck with that one,” she yelled as he puit her down, to give to the woman.
“Run!” the woman yelled as fire above them crawled through the trees.
The boy reluctantly grabbed Catherine’s hand and ran behind the woman, trying to urge the frightened girl along. She stumbled and fell letting go of his hand, and the boy turned.
“Rghhh,” he growled angrily, before running back, picking her up, and turning to run after the woman.
“Hurry up you stupid boy! Get over here quickly,” the woman yelled standing in a small circular grove as the branches above them all crackled and spat sparks down below.
The boy ran to her and she grabbed him, clutching the two children. She muttered a word and they were gone.

http://missmagicsforum.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,97.msg463.html#msg4631~The Magics-The story of an orphan
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:29:18 pm by piersdad » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

elmo loves wasabi, that's why elmo has no eyelids[quoted by elmo]

say ha:HA! Say it again: HA!
Put it together and what have you got?:HA HA!
And they said I couldn't make you laugh...
[Quoted on Live For Peace]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

mollytime
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:08:33 pm »

I'm sorry, but this is part one. I forgot to mention it.
If you liked the start, I'm writing up the next part,finally.
So the way I'm going to do this is to add bits onto the end of this now and then, so you may want to keep a tab on it, just in case you like it.
Happy reading, and all that stuff.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

mollytime
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:47:17 pm »

shoot, I'd better find part two!

Miss Magic
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:05:00 am »

wow, this is really exciting to read, more! more!

Humans are like Slinkys- not good for much, but amusing to push downstairs
mollytime
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:42:53 am »

Ok, this is a modified message. This is a totally different story from the Magics.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:20:11 am by mollytime » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Search

Advanced Search
+-Shoutbox
February 26, 2017, 08:29:23 am piersdad says: found i have still admin on this page  sadly storydad has dissappeared  thank goodness some of my stories are still about
December 02, 2012, 11:20:41 am piersdad says: we have a lot of people  just posting  some thing  never related to writing  and then advertizing their site on their profile  if this gets out of hand we could go viral and get 40 a day of this sort of person spamming the site
May 17, 2012, 09:05:50 pm terrimcintyre says: How is your book doing, Jennifer? Did you see my review on Amazon?
May 31, 2011, 12:52:28 am Miss Magic says: thanks piersdad
May 30, 2011, 09:41:00 pm piersdad says: Oledakit is the cupprit and ip banned as well as the name
May 30, 2011, 09:39:24 pm piersdad says: removed heaps of spam this morning
January 25, 2011, 11:18:53 pm mollytime says: awwww.
so how many have we got now?
January 05, 2011, 04:24:06 pm Miss Magic says: Loss of members: I entered everyone's names into a listed spammer database due to suspicious joining. Sadly, those that I found with 3 or more hits on that site have been banned and removed from MM's Forum
December 13, 2010, 02:52:43 pm mollytime says: WHERE DID ALL THE SHOUTS GO??
I win.
December 13, 2010, 05:26:40 am Miss Magic says: wow!
I have a few more chapters of The New Beginning to put up in a few days Smiley I'm amazed at all the new members!
View Shout History