Miss Magic's Forum- The Story Site for New Writers to Strut Their Stuff!
April 19, 2024, 03:48:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our newest member, ydanniegrathi! May they enjoy their time on Miss Magics!                                                                                                                                                     Look out for New Stories by:     terrimcintyre      Enjoy your time on Miss Magic's!                                                                                                                                                    ~new members wanted!~

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

the pass it on emails

+-+-
+- User Stats:
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
+- Recent Posts ezBlock
DIY bride by MittRichards22
December 23, 2018, 12:41:38 am

Re: Hi by piersdad
April 28, 2018, 02:40:54 pm

Re: Where did that come from???!!! by piersdad
November 30, 2016, 04:04:06 pm

+- Members Online
5 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: the pass it on emails  (Read 1192 times)
Miss Magic
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 03:59:59 am »

er that rolling on the floor laughing was from the first page o.0 that's an adorable story Smiley
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Humans are like Slinkys- not good for much, but amusing to push downstairs
Scarlet Lion

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 02:28:26 am »

Thank you, MM. I wasn't entirely sure about your sense of humour when I saw your "rofl" post straight after my last one.

Did you hear about the dyslexic, insomniac agnostic? He sat up all night worrying about whether or not there was a dog, and when he couldn't make up his mind he sold his soul to Santa.
piersdad
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 04:08:52 am »

The SON       
This is great, take a moment to read it, it will make your day!

The ending will surprise you.

A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare works of art.. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art.

When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son went to war. He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son.

About a month later, just before Christmas,
There was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands.
He said, 'Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly. He often talked about you, and your love for art.' The young man held out this package. 'I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this.'
The father Opened the package. It was a portrait of his son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the young man and offered to pay him for the picture.. 'Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your son did for me. It's a gift.'

The father hung the portrait over his mantle. Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.
The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection.
On the platform sat the painting of the son. The auctioneer pounded his gavel. 'We will start the bidding with this picture of the son. Who will bid for this picture?'

There was silence..
 Then a voice in the back of the room shouted, 'We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one.'
      But the auctioneer persisted. 'Will somebody bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?'

Another voice angrily. 'We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Gogh's, the Rembrandts. Get on with the    Real bids!'

But still the auctioneer continued. 'The son! The son! Who'll take the son?'

Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. 'I'll give $10 for the painting...' Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.
'We have $10, who will bid $20?'
  'Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters.'
  The crowd was becoming angry. They didn't want the picture of the son.
  They wanted the more worthy investments for their collections.
  The auctioneer pounded the gavel. 'Going once, twice, SOLD for $10!'

A man sitting on the second row shouted, 'Now let's get on with the collection!'

The auctioneer laid down his gavel. 'I'm sorry, the auction is over.'
                   'What about the paintings?'
'I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time.. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned.. Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate, including the paintings.

The man who took the son gets everything!'

Got this one with a religious message at the end which i deleted.

however it is a classic story that has the twist at the end that makes the whole story make sense and so you can remember the main part of the story

the impossible now miracles a little longer
mollytime
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 06:19:27 pm »

haha, ruch buggers!

Oops, I didn't type that, I sw...promise!!!!

elmo loves wasabi, that's why elmo has no eyelids[quoted by elmo]

say ha:HA! Say it again: HA!
Put it together and what have you got?:HA HA!
And they said I couldn't make you laugh...
[Quoted on Live For Peace]

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Search

Advanced Search
+-Shoutbox
February 26, 2017, 08:29:23 am piersdad says: found i have still admin on this page  sadly storydad has dissappeared  thank goodness some of my stories are still about
December 02, 2012, 11:20:41 am piersdad says: we have a lot of people  just posting  some thing  never related to writing  and then advertizing their site on their profile  if this gets out of hand we could go viral and get 40 a day of this sort of person spamming the site
May 17, 2012, 09:05:50 pm terrimcintyre says: How is your book doing, Jennifer? Did you see my review on Amazon?
May 31, 2011, 12:52:28 am Miss Magic says: thanks piersdad
May 30, 2011, 09:41:00 pm piersdad says: Oledakit is the cupprit and ip banned as well as the name
May 30, 2011, 09:39:24 pm piersdad says: removed heaps of spam this morning
January 25, 2011, 11:18:53 pm mollytime says: awwww.
so how many have we got now?
January 05, 2011, 04:24:06 pm Miss Magic says: Loss of members: I entered everyone's names into a listed spammer database due to suspicious joining. Sadly, those that I found with 3 or more hits on that site have been banned and removed from MM's Forum
December 13, 2010, 02:52:43 pm mollytime says: WHERE DID ALL THE SHOUTS GO??
I win.
December 13, 2010, 05:26:40 am Miss Magic says: wow!
I have a few more chapters of The New Beginning to put up in a few days Smiley I'm amazed at all the new members!
View Shout History